Sometimes a single tap on left mouse button can unexpectedly give you a headache. Relating to the topic, imagine you have just sent an email containing abusive element to someone unintentionally. And now you can imagine the consequence too. Looking for the solution of such embarrassing situation? Well, “Time Travel Machine” is not invented yet; but, Google has got your back with a feature where you can take your misfired bullet into your gun back. Let’s get to the clear explanation about the feature and how to use Gmail Undo Send feature.
What the Gmail Undo Send Feature is all about?
The Gmail undo send feature was launched few years back then 2009, though it was an experimental ‘Labs’ feature at the beginning. Today the feature is officially available in your Gmail settings as the feature has got a huge popularity during the experiment.
From now on, no more brain bursting thoughts if you have accidently sent the bachelor party schedule to your aunt. But, you have to keep in mind that you have got maximum 30 seconds to change what you did, and the feature is not yet available for mobile client.
How to Use Gmail Undo Send Feature?
Hence, the ‘Gmail undo send feature’ an official part of Gmail, here is the step by step procedure to enable this feature in your Gmail account.
Step 1- Navigate the “Gear” icon
- Firstly, log into your Gmail account.
- Once the account is opened, find and tap the gear icon on the top right corner.
- Click the gear icon in order to get to the ‘Settings’ option.
Step 2- Get into the “Settings” option
- By clicking the gear icon, a drop down menu will appear.
- Now select the ‘Settings’ alternative form the list.
Step 3- Select the “General” tab
- After clicking on the ‘Settings’ alternative, a list of various settings option will show up.
- Scroll down to the settings menu, and then select the ‘General’ tab.
Step 4- Navigate “Undo Send” subsection
- Within the ‘general’ tab section, navigate the ‘undo send’ subsection and click on it.
- Now, look for the ‘Enable Undo Send’ check box.
Step 5- Check the “Enable Undo Send” box
- Click on the check box to enable undo send. A list of option for cancellation period will appear.
- Now, select your preferred cancellation period. I recommend you to select the maximum of it as 30 seconds for the use of longest possible time.
Step 6- Save the changes
- Once your cancellation period is selected, scroll down the page way to the ‘Save Changes’ option.
- Click on the ‘Save Changes’ alternative in order to make sure the setting changes.
Step 7- Test your setting changes
- To test the changes, compose an email and send it to someone considering no risk.
- On the edge of the screen, a message will be seen saying: “Your message has been sent. Undo. View Message.”
- To attempt cancellation of sending the mail, select the ‘Undo’ link and click on it.
Gmail will simply stop sending the certain mail and display it in case you want to edit the message and resend it.
No more regrets
By now you must have successfully enabled the Gmail undo send feature. Have no more regrets for any wrong mail to a wrong person. All you have to do is make a quick action to undo your wrong sent emails within the time provided my Gmail.